The Buchan Off Road Drivers Club - Home of Off Road driving in the North East Scotland area!
We take your off-road hobby to a new level, with regular meets, events and competitions, plus all the help and technical advice you could ever need!
Join FaceBook page for more info
For full details of how to become a competing club member please read the Membership Info tab at the top of this page
Important Club Notice Covid19 September update
As you all know motorsport was suspended throughout the UK until 30th June 2020 due to Coronavirus concerns. Motorsport UK had shown willing to restart our sport and permit events to take place (as of 1st July) assuming clubs were able to remain compliant with Motorsport UK issued guidelines and of course the parameters set out by Government and Healthcare authorities, including social distancing, to curb the threat of the virus.
Significant risk assessment, discussion and planning has been conducted by BORDC committee members, to conceive how we can conduct events safely. We now believe that after a prolonged delay we can safely hold TYRO, Cross Country Vehicle Trials and Orienteering events from September onwards.
Our risk assessment and the relevant Motorsport UK guidance documents can be accessed within the Document Section of the BORDC website. The additional key points that members should be aware of are listed below
• BORDC specific Motorsport UK RS CLUBMAN - COMPETITOR’S SIGNING-ON sheet is required to be completed by each driver, and passenger, and submitted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 24 hours prior to event commencing. This will include scrutineering Self-declaration applicable to cross country vehicle requirements.
• Entry fees will require to be received electronically via club PayPal facility no later than 24 hours prior to event commencing.
• There can be no applications for Competition Licences or entries on the day
• Events are required to be operated as “closed door”.
• No spectators – all persons present should be signed on to the event and will have attended and / or reviewed the safety plan for the event.
• Passengers will only be permitted if all concerned are resident at the same address.
• Vehicle sharing or double entry will only be permitted if entrants are resident at the same address.
• All personnel required to have sanitiser, masks and work gloves available over and above usual requirements. (This required for handling equipment other than their own trucks etc. Prior to and after wearing gloves sanitiser should be used).
• Event attendance initially restricted to club members only.
• Entry restricted to 20 drivers so that we can maintain social distancing.
• Entrants will be placed in competitive “bubbles” to comply with the requirement for a maximum of 15 people from a maximum 5 households to meet in a group outdoors.
• Each competitive bubble will stay separate from others and will compete on different sections at all times.
• A bubble Master, usually a committee member or experienced competitor will be allocated to each bubble to oversee scoring and marshalling the bubble.
• Entrants will be required to wear face coverings at all times whilst outside their vehicles.
Please note that the risk assessment will (as always) be subject to regular review as we find our way to the “new norm” and hopefully various restrictions and guidance become more relaxed.
Thanks for your support and understanding in all the above.
New and updated documents are available to view the documents section of this website
• BORDC COVID 19 Risk Assessment
• Scrutineering Checklist 2020 version
Please proceed to the Events 2020 tab to complete sign on declaration and payment. Please note if you're using an Apple device please access these pages via Safari and save in iBooks otherwise you will not be able to edit the forms.
PHOTOS and VIDEO
If any members or guests have any pictures or videos they would like to share, please send them to email@example.com. They will be added to the site.
We encourage this as it keeps our site up to date, especially for visitors!
Thanks in advance
The Next Few Events are all subject to prevailing Scottish Government Covid 19 restrictions
Sunday 20th September 2020 Cross Country Vehicle Trial venue to be confirmed
Sunday 27th September 2020 Orienteering Potarch TBC
For further details please see the BORDC Facebook page.