The Buchan Off Road Drivers Club - Home of Off Road driving in the North East Scotland area!
We take your off-road hobby to a new level, with regular meets, events and competitions, plus all the help and technical advice you could ever need!
Join FaceBook page for more info
For full details of how to become a competing club member please read the Membership Info tab at the top of this page
Important Club Notice Covid19
As you all know motorsport was suspended throughout the UK until 30th June 2020 due to Coronavirus concerns. Motorsoprt UK has shown willing to restart our sport and permit events to take place (as of 1st July) assuming clubs are able to remain compliant with Motorsport UK issued guidelines and of course the parameters set out by Government and Healthcare authorities, including social distancing, to curb the threat of the virus.
Significant risk assessment, discussion and planning has been conducted by BORDC committee members, to conceive how we can conduct events safely. We now believe that we can safely hold TYRO and Cross Country Vehicle Trials in the near future.
Our risk assessment and the relevant Motorsport UK guidance documents can be accessed within the Document Section of the BORDC website. The additional key points that members should be aware of are listed below
• Events are required to be operated as “closed door”
• Event attendance initially restricted to club members only
• Entry restricted to 20 drivers so that we can maintain social distancing
• No spectators – all persons present should be signed on to the event and will have attended and / or reviewed the safety plan for the event.
• Passengers will only be permitted if all concerned are resident at the same address.
• Vehicle sharing or double entry will only be permitted if entrants are resident at the same address.
• BORDC specific Motorsport UK RS CLUBMAN - COMPETITOR’S SIGNING-ON sheet is required to be completed by each driver, and passenger, and submitted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 24 hours prior to event commencing. This will include scrutineering Self-declaration applicable to cross country vehicle requirements.
• Entry fees will require to be received electronically via club PayPal facility no later than 24 hours prior to event commencing.
• There can be no applications for Competition Licences or entries on the day
• All personnel required to have sanitiser, masks and work gloves available over and above usual requirements. (This required for handling equipment other than their own trucks etc. Prior to and after wearing gloves sanitiser should be used).
Please note that the risk assessment will (as always) be subject to regular review as we find our way to the “new norm” and hopefully various restrictions and guidance become more relaxed.
Please note that unfortunately at this time we cannot see how to maintain social distancing and required hygiene standards while running a punch hunt given that the MSUK has specifically stated that “it is unlikely that vehicle sharing, passengers or co-drivers will be permitted while social distancing is to be respected”. Perhaps later in the year this may be possible.
Thanks for your support and understanding in all the above.
New and updated documents are available to view the documents section of this website
• BORDC COVID 19 Risk Assessment
• Scrutineering Checklist 2020 version
Please proceed to the Events 2020 tab to complete sign on declaration and payment. Please note if you're using an Apple device please access these pages via Safari and save in iBooks otherwise you will not be able to edit the forms.
PHOTOS and VIDEO
If any members or guests have any pictures or videos they would like to share, please send them to email@example.com. They will be added to the site.
We encourage this as it keeps our site up to date, especially for visitors!
Thanks in advance
The Next Few Events
*** CANCELLED ***
Sunday 26th July 2020 Cross Country Vehicle Trial Strachan TBC
For further details please see the BORDC Facebook page.